If your Gardyn 3.0 has been having challenges with the water level sensor not working properly and you've been instructed to replace it, follow these steps. To get started, you'll need a Philips head screwdriver, a tray or clean countertop, and a small towel.
Step 1: Prepare Your Gardyn & Gain Access to Your Lid's Underside
- Turn off your Gardyn and unplug the power supply from both the outlet and your Gardyn's lid.
- Remove all of your plants in their yPods and place them on a tray or clean countertop.
- Place a towel on the floor and lift your water pump to secure it in the upright position.
- Open the lid locks, then lift by the columns to remove the upper half of your Gardyn and place it on the towel. While still holding the columns, lean your Gardyn down until the columns rest on the floor and the light bars are above them. You will now be able to access the underside of your lid.
Step 2: Locate & Replace the Water Level Sensor
- Locate the water level sensor under your lid. Remove the 2 screws with a Phillips head screwdriver and set aside.
- Carefully unplug the sensor from the cable in the lid.
- Take the new sensor and hold it with the wires pointing upward. Be sure the red wire is on the left, as shown. If you attach the sensor with the red wire on the right, you will permanently damage your water level sensor and require a complete lid replacement, so ensure your new sensor's orientation is correct before proceeding!
- Carefully plug the 4-prong connector from the new sensor into the cable connector coming from the lid, keeping the red wire on the left.
- Place the new sensor back into the lid at a slight angle and secure it with the 2 screws. Your new water level sensor is now installed!
Step 3: Reassemble & Restart Your Gardyn
- Reassemble your Gardyn by grasping the columns and tilting until the upper half of your Gardyn stands vertically on the towel. Then lift to place it back on your lid.
- Lower the water pump, close the lid locks, and return your plants to the columns.
- Plug in the power supply to your Gardyn's lid and an outlet. Flip the main power switch to turn your Gardyn on, and allow up to 5 minutes for your device to fully reboot.
- After your Gardyn is successfully reconnected to your WiFi and Gardyn app, allow 1 hour for your new water level sensor to take its first readings and update your app. Your Gardyn is now ready to get back to growing!
If you're still experiencing water level sensor issues after following all of these steps, please reach out to us so we can help solve the issue as soon as possible.
For the fastest response, please fill out this form so that one of our Support Agents can assist you.
Alternatively, you can reach out to email@example.com or chat with us in the app or on the website, though the response may be slower than the form, above.
We're here to help!