yCubes and Microgreens can happily coexist and germinate successfully together in the Nursery when given the proper care. Follow these quick, easy steps and you'll be on your way to enjoying harvests from both.
- Insert tray to base and add water up to the indent connecting tray squares. Add yCubes and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Remove tray with yCubes and drain water from the base. Return the tray with yCubes to the base and add water up to the line within each tray square.
- Assemble Microgreens by threading 1 bamboo wick through each support plate using the holes on opposite sides of the indent on the top of the plate.
- Place each plate in a square in the Nursery’s tray. Top each plate with a seed pad so that the cover paper is face-up.
- Add the Nursery’s lid and place the Nursery on your Gardyn’s lid.
Tip: Hand wash your Nursery monthly, or between uses, whichever comes first.
Monitor Hydration Levels & Growth
Check hydration levels weekly to ensure the wicks can always reach the waterline. Add more water if the level starts to drop, or if your yCubes’ rockwool ever appears mostly light green (dry).
The Microgreens will naturally push off their cover paper as they grow, so you should be able to gently remove it when it’s loose. If you have to tug, it’s not ready!
Remove the Nursery’s lid when you remove the cover paper to increase airflow as your Microgreens grow.
Watch for Harvest or Plant Food Readiness
To know when your yCubes are ready for plant food on your Gardyn, wait until you see true leaves, roots 1-inch long out the bottom of the yCube, or yellowing cotyledons.
Microgreens are ready to harvest when the cotyledons fully open like a book, or you can transfer them to your Gardyn to grow into Baby Greens when roots are ~2 inches long.
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us. We're here to help!