All Gardyns are set up with a default lighting and water schedules that are optimal for growing beautiful and healthy plants. We understand that different lifestyles may require adjusting the lights schedule. Gardyn gives you the freedom to customize your light schedule to fit your needs.
In this article, learn how to:
Before We Start:
When making adjustments to the light schedule, remember that
- Kelby recommends a total of 14 to 16 hours in Boost mode for the fastest growth.
- Boost mode is shorthand for our maximum light intensity. Boost allows you to easily toggle between 100% lighting intensity and a dimmer setting of your choice.
- The smiley face is Kelby's signal that your plants are getting enough light. The Gardyn is bright at first, but the light softens considerably once the plants are fully grown!
Change Your Light Settings
Here are detailed instructions on how to change your light settings step by step to fit your daily preferences. You can create a simple schedule to suit your daily routine such as 6 am - 10 pm in Boost Mode.
1. Select the "Light" tile
In your app, hold your finger on the YELLOW box for the lighting.
2. Go to the Calendar
This will bring up the screen below and to change the schedule, tap on the calendar icon:
3. Choose the Time Blocks
Now, you can adjust the schedule based on your specific preferences. You do this by tapping on the time block or tapping on the [+] at the bottom to add a new time block altogether.
Please note that time periods that the lights are scheduled to be turned off will not display in the schedule; the times scheduled for BOOST and ON will display only.
4. Don't Forget to SAVE
When you tap on the individual time block, you can adjust the start & stop time slot. Simply tap on the specific time to adjust. Be sure to tap on Save so all adjustments are applied properly. You can also delete an entire time slot from this screen as well.
5. Don't Forget the Rest of the Week
OH! Don't forget, after you set your schedule for that day, you can copy these to the rest of the week by tapping on the bottom which says "Copy (Currenty Day)'s Schedule".
Check the default light schedule:
You Gardyn is set up with the light schedule below:
Adjusting the Lighting Intensity:
1. Turn the lights off before you adjust the intensity level of the lights: Go to the Light settings page and tap the light button to turn the lights off.
2. Adjust the intensity percentage.
3. Press the light button to turn the lights on.
The lights should be now adjusted to the new intensity!
Questions? Our support team can help you email@example.com or by chat!