Planning on going away for an extended period of time, but not quite sure what to do about your plants? Never fear! Gardyn's vacation mode is here for our members!
What is Vacation Mode?
Vacation mode preserves your plants while you're away. It slows down their water intake and growth while balancing their overall needs.
As a result, you won’t miss your window to harvest, or come back to an overgrown jungle!
On Vacation Mode, Kelby uses a preset lighting and watering schedule that consumes 2-3x less water and 4-5x less power, slowing your plants growth while keeping them happy and healthy when you are away!
Vacation Mode can be used for up to 2 weeks, but it is critical to prepare your Gardyn prior to leaving! If you will not be returning within two weeks, ask someone to visit to add more water and plant food to your Gardyn.
Prepare your Gardyn for Vacation Mode
Before you set your Gardyn to vacation mode, it is critical to complete the following steps to ensure your Gardyn is clean, healthy, and ready for you upon your return
- Refresh the tank:
- Clean the tank
- Add fresh tap water to the maximum level
- Refresh nutrient levels by adding 1 tsp of plant food per 2 gallons of water
- Harvest all of your ready-to-eat plants before you leave
- Trim back leaves and prune roots
- Close all empty spots with Gardyn’s Pod Caps
- Once you complete all of the steps above, set Vacation Mode to “ON” and let Kelby do the rest!
Activate/Deactivate Vacation Mode
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Vacation Mode
3. Toggle to Vacation Mode
4. Enjoy your time off! Fresh produce will be waiting for you when you return.
5. When you return, deactivate Vacation Mode by following steps 1 to 3 and toggle Vacation Mode.
When the vacation mode gets switched off, your previous schedules are restored.
Questions? Please contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by chat!