Planning on going away for 5+ days, but not quite sure what to do about your plants? Never fear! Put your plants on pause - and your plans on go! - with Gardyn's Vacation Mode, a membership perk.
What is Vacation Mode?
Vacation Mode is a special growth mode on your Gardyn you can only activate through the app as a member.
Vacation Mode preserves your plants while you're away for up to 2 weeks.* It works by carefully reducing your plants' light and water consumption, thereby saving you power and slowing your plants' growth. As a result, you won’t miss your window to harvest, or come back to an overgrown jungle!
You plan to be away longer than 2 weeks, we recommend asking someone to help visit your Gardyn to add more water and plant food in your absence.
*Please note, your Gardyn's unique growing environment, including the number, size, and type of plants you are growing, can affect your Gardyn's results on Vacation Mode. The more and larger plants you have, and the more fruiting plants you have, the sooner you will need to refill your Gardyn with water and plant food.
Prepare Your Gardyn for Vacation Mode
Just like your own to-do list before you travel, your Gardyn needs to prep for Vacation Mode, too!
Before you turn Vacation Mode on, it's critical to complete the following steps to ensure your Gardyn is clean, healthy, and ready for you upon your return.
- Refresh the tank:
- Clean the tank
- Dissolve 2.5 tsp of plant food in 1 gallon of water and add to tank
- Add 4 more gallons of fresh water only (no more plant food!)
- Harvest as much as you can off all of your ready-to-eat plants, and discard any yCubes you harvest completely
- Trim any unhealthy leaves and prune all plants' roots
- Close any empty spots with Pod Caps
- Set Vacation Mode to “ON” and let Kelby do the rest!
Activate/Deactivate Vacation Mode
1. Go to Device Controls
2. Toggle to Vacation Mode
3. Enjoy your time off! Fresh produce will be waiting for you when you return.
4. When you return, deactivate Vacation Mode by toggling Vacation Mode. When the vacation mode gets switched off, your previous schedules are restored.
The longer you're away, the more you may notice your plants appear light in color when you get back, but don't worry! This is normal, and your plants are still healthy. You'll be amazed at how quickly your plants bounce back to their normal hues after a few days back on their regular schedules.
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us. We're here to help!