Planning on leaving for an extended period of time but not quite sure about your plants? Never fear! Gardyn's vacation mode is here for our members!
What is Vacation Mode?
Vacation mode preserves your plants while you're away. It slows down their growth and water intake while respecting their overall balance and needs.
Your plants will grow more slowly, so you won’t miss your window to harvest or come back to an overgrown jungle and can stay so for some time without any external action needed.
Kelby uses a preset lighting and watering schedule that conserves 2-3x less water and 4-5x less power (ie almost nothing!).
This mode should be used for up to 2 weeks. If you are not returning within two weeks, you should have someone visit to add more water and plant food.
Prepare your Gardyn for Vacation Mode
Before you leave, be sure to do the following:
- Harvest your plants before you leave
- Close all empty spots
- Fill up the tank to the max with a ratio of 1 tsp of plant food for every 2 gallons of water
- Trim leaves and roots
- Change the water and clean the tank
- Set vacation mode to “ON”
Activate/Deactivate Vacation Mode
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Vacation Mode
3. Toggle to Vacation Mode
4. Enjoy your time off! Fresh produce will be waiting for you when you return!
5. When you return, deactivate Vacation Mode by following steps 1 to 3 and toggle Vacation Mode.
When the vacation mode gets switched off, your previous schedules are restored.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact customer support (email@example.com) 7 days a week or by chat Monday to Saturday (10:00am-5:00pm EST). You can also book a phone appointment with one of our team members.