To keep your plants healthy, it's crucial to clean your water tank and refill it with fresh water and dissolved plant food monthly to maintain the right balance of nutrients in your system.
Steps to Refresh your Tank
- Prepare: Place a towel on the floor, lift the pump into the upper position, unlock the lid locks, then switch off & unplug your Gardyn.
- Lift by the columns (not the lights!) and stand your Gardyn’s upper half on the towel.
- Clean your tank with water, a soft sponge, and baking soda.
To ensure your safety, do not attempt to lift the water tank when full. Use a siphon, jug, or another small container to remove excess water first, lifting only once the tank weight is at a level that you deem personally safe for lifting.
4. With the lid still off, refill your tank by adding 5 gallons of water with 1/2 teaspoon of dissolved plant food per gallon.
A full tank with 5 gallons of water
Before you reassemble your Gardyn and to ensure optimal whole-device cleanliness, it's also best to clean the underside of your lid every so often while you're doing your tank refresh - learn how here!
5. Reassemble your Gardyn by once again lifting by the columns to replace the top half onto your water tank. Lower the pump, lock the lid into place, plug your device back in, and switch it on.
6. Let your Gardyn wake up, which may take ~5 minutes. Do not touch the silver button - your Gardyn will come back online shortly, and the lights will turn on as scheduled.
7. Don’t forget to log your tank refresh in the app when you’re done!
Remember to refresh your tank:
- at least every 4 weeks
- up to every 14 days if you’re growing larger, mature plants and fruiting crops that require lots of nutrients
- if you notice burning or yellowing on lower leaves, around new leaf edges, or yellowing between leaf veins
Why is it important to change the water?
When you add a fresh tank of water and plant food using our recommended ratios, you're letting your plants reset with a balanced pH, allowing them to absorb all of the minerals and nutrients they need.
Over time, as the pump recirculates the water and you top off the tank, the ratios of those nutrients can fall out of balance, making it harder for the plants to get the food they need to stay healthy.
By following our plant food guidelines, regularly adding HydroBoost, refreshing your tank monthly, and topping it off weekly, you can grow with confidence knowing your Gardyn's water is as clean and balanced as a Master Gardyner's.
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com, or chat with us. We're here to help!