There will be times when a sterilization of your device is required.
We have laid out this step-by-step guide to follow along as you sterilize your Gardyn,
Part 1: Removing the Plants & yPods
- Harvest all mature plants that are ready to eat
- Destroy any plant yCubes that have severe disease or mold infections, resistant to treatment
- Place any remaining disease-free yCubes in the included silicon sleeve, or a tray for temporary storage
- Remove all yPods from Gardyn, and clean in the dishwasher.
The Gardyn columns should now be empty.
Part 2: Cleaning Process
For the next steps, refer to Tank Cleaning Video for how to power down your device, remove the top from the base, and refill with water.
- Empty Gardyn Tank and clean thoroughly with dish soap and water, then reattach to Gardyn
- Fill Gardyn water to full and add 2 cups of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (available at any CVS)
- Turn on the system’s watering feature for 10 minutes to let the water cycle thoroughly
- Empty the Gardyn Tank, reattach to Gardyn
- Refill Gardyn Tank water level to about half with tap water
- Turn on the system’s watering feature for 10 minutes to rinse the System
- Empty Gardyn Tank, reattach to Gardyn
- Refill the tank to a full state with tap water, and add the standard 3 teaspoons of plant food.
- Replace the yPods, clean from the dishwasher
- Replace the remaining healthy yCubes into the yPods, and cover any open holes with the pod caps.
Important: The Gardyn can take a few minutes to wake up after it has been turned off and on again. The Gardyn will remember its stored WiFi credentials and automatically reconnect once it has time to fully reboot after about 15-20 minutes. Resist the temptation to touch the silver button, as long pressing it will disconnect your Gardyn and erase your stored WiFi credentials.
Grab a snack, relax, and check on your Gardyn via the app home screen.
The lights will come on at the next scheduled time, but you can tap the Light tile to get your Gardyn glowing again!