Whenever you need to dissolve plant food to top off your tank, follow these easy steps to ensure your plants get all the nutrients they need - no more, no less! Dissolving your plant food first ensures the nutrients remain bioavailable, or ready, for plant uptake and healthy growth.
- Look at your Tank Care widget on your app's home screen to know how many gallons of water you can safely add to your tank.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of plant food in a 1-gallon container, fill with tap water, and shake to mix.
- Pour your plant food-water solution into your tank through the opening in the lid.
- Repeat as needed until you've added the number of gallons recommended in your app.
Remember, your tank should never have more than 5 gallons in it in total!
A full tank with 5 gallons of water
- Using warm (not hot!) water can help dissolve the plant food faster.
- We suggest reusing common 1-gallon containers, such as water jugs, milk cartons, or other similar containers. Just make sure the container is clean before using it for the first time!
- For the cleanest and healthiest Gardyn, combine your weekly top-off with a dose of HydroBoost (and learn more about HydroBoost's benefits here!).
For healthiest growth, keep 2+ gallons of water in your tank at all times
The lower your water level gets, the more your tank's plant food concentration can get off balance. Regularly topping off your tank with fresh water and plant food helps stabilize your tank's plant food concentration, helping your plants thrive.
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us. We're here to help!