It’s time to germinate your first set of yCubes from your Welcome Kit, how exciting! We've designed these tips to help you successfully sprout new yCubes directly on your Gardyn. Watch the video below to get started!
Step 1: Prepare your Gardyn
- Make sure your Gardyn is fully assembled. Kelby will also check your set-up and let you know if something needs adjustment, or if you’re good to go.
- Fill your tank with 3 gallons of tap water only through the opening in the lid.
- Plug your Gardyn in and turn it ON using the power switch on the back of the lid. It can take several minutes for your device to respond, so don't worry if you don't see an immediate change.
- Connect your Gardyn to your wifi so you can pair it with your mobile device.
- Ensure your water pump is in the lower position, then test your watering system by tapping the Water tile in your Gardyn app. When it says "ON" that means your Gardyn is running a watering cycle. If it's working properly, you should see and hear water flowing through the columns and into every yPod. Tap the tile again to end your test.
Step 2: Plant your Welcome Kit
- Choose the yCubes you want to plant first. You don’t have to start with all 30 at once! If you start with fewer than 30, you can add more yCubes over time (click to learn more!).
- Try to avoid touching the rockwool as you handle your yCubes, as compressing it will make it harder for your sprouts to push through the surface.
- Plant your new yCubes directly on your Gardyn and remove their individual cardboard covers. Remember, yCube orientation within the yPod doesn't matter! Just ensure they're flush. Use our Placement Guide to help find the perfect spot for every plant's unique needs.
- Cover any open yPods (those without yCubes) with Pod Caps to prevent anything unwanted from entering or growing inside your device.
Finally, check that your water and light schedules in the app are turned on so you can let Kelby take it from here! You're on your way to your first of many tasty harvests.
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us! We're here to help.