There may be times when you will need to water your Gardyn by hand to sustain your plants until the next automatic watering cycle. For instance, if you experience a prolonged power outage, watering your plants by hand can help them bridge the gap until you regain power.
Follow the video (steps outlined below!)to learn how to manually water your Gardyn.
- First, make sure your Gardyn tank isn't topped off to full. You'll want a little space in the tank to catch the extra water.
- If you just cleaned the tank and added plant food, feel free to use the water in the tank to fill up a jug OR mix a gallon of water as you would for topping off the tank. Remember, use 1/2 tsp of plant food per gallon.
- Remove the top plant in the column and place it in the silicon sleeve.
- Slowly pour approximately 1 cup of the mixed water into the top module, and wait a few seconds for the water to make its way down the column.
- Repeat this step until the flowing water has reached the last module and into the tank. You will know when it is enough when you are able to hear the water trickling into the tank.
- Repeat this process for the remaining two towers.
That's it! While you hopefully won't need to manually water your plants often, knowing how to should help you, and your plants, rest easier if anything prevents your scheduled watering from occurring.
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com, or chat with us. We're here to help!