There may be times when you will need to water your Gardyn by hand to sustain your plants until the next automatic watering cycle. For instance, if you experience a prolonged power outage, watering your plants by hand can help them bridge the gap until you regain power.
Follow the video (steps outlined below!) to learn how to manually water your Gardyn.
1. First, make sure your water tank has room to collect the extra water you'll add by hand. The water level should never reach the bottom of the plastic funnel in your lid's opening.
2. If you just cleaned the tank and added plant food, feel free to use the water in the tank to fill up a jug OR mix a gallon of water as you would for topping off the tank y dissolving 1/2 teaspoon of plant food per gallon of water.
3. Remove the top plant in the column and place it in your ySleeve.
4. Slowly pour approximately 1 cup of your dissolved plant food solution into the top module, and wait a few seconds for the water to make its way down the column.
5. Repeat this step until the flowing water has reached the last module and flows into the tank. You will know you've added enough water when you hear the water trickling into the tank.
6. Repeat this process for the remaining two columns.
7. If you're watering your Gardyn by hand for more than one day, be sure to check your tank's water level every 2-3 days to be sure it never reaches the bottom of the plastic funnel in your lid's opening.
That's it! While you hopefully won't need to water your plants by hand often, knowing how to should help you, and your plants, rest easier if anything prevents your scheduled watering from occurring.
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com, or chat with us. We're here to help!