If you've been directed to replace your Gardyn pump, follow these steps to ensure a successful swap.
Step 1: Prepare Your Gardyn & Gain Access to Your Lid's Underside
- First, remove all of the yPods from your columns and place them in a plastic tub or on a tray.
- Next, remove the lid, columns, and lights from the tank:
- Place a towel on the floor, switch off your Gardyn, and unplug the power supply.
- Open the compartment in your lid to lift the water pump into the upper position.
- Unlock the lid's sides from the tank.
- Lift the top half of your Gardyn off your tank by grabbing the columns (never the lights!) and placing it vertically on the towel on the floor.
- Carefully lean the Gardyn on the floor so the columns are on the floor and the lights are above it. This will give you access to the underside, where you can remove the existing pump and install the new one.
Step 2: Replace the Pump
Follow the next steps for Gardyn 1.0-2.0, or click here to jump to the following section if you have a Gardyn 3.0
- Follow the black and red wires to where they go under the lid. You'll see a foam insert - remove this now.
- After removing the foam insert, use tweezers to pull the internal wiring connection out from the plastic housing, demonstrated in the photos below. Be careful not to detach the white connectors when you pull the wiring out.
- At no point should you remove the bamboo top from the Gardyn lid. This will damage the seal and void the warranty.
- Now, disconnect the white connectors of the pump.
- Slide the pump holder off of the original pump and put the holder on the new pump.
- Connect the wiring to the new pump.
- Ensure the two wiring connectors are aligned, with the plastic tabs and colored cables matching, as shown below.
- Reinsert the two connections back into the lid housing, and replace the foam insert.
- Follow the large black cable to where it goes under the lid. You'll see a plastic piece around the pump connection - remove this now using a Phillips head screwdriver. Keep the screw, plastic piece, and seal nearby.
- After removing the plastic piece, you'll now see the pump connector. Disconnect the white connectors.
- Slide the pump holder off of the existing pump and put the holder on the new pump.
- Connect the black cable to the new pump, then align the white connectors to connect them:
- Thread the new cable through the slot on the plastic piece you removed earlier and place this back into the lid.
- Replace the screw to secure the plastic piece to the lid.
Step 3: Reassemble & Restart Your Gardyn
- Carefully stand your Gardyn's top half back up, place it on your tank, and lock it into place.
- Return your yPods/plants to the columns, then plug in and switch on your device. Allow your Gardyn ~5 minutes to fully power up and reconnect to WiFi.
Your new pump should now be ready to help care for all of your plants! If you're still experiencing pump issues after following all of these steps, please reach out to us so we can help get your plants the hydration they need as soon as possible.
For the fastest response, please fill out this form so that one of our Support Agents can assist you.
Alternatively, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us in the app or on the website, though the response may be slower than the form, above.
- While you wait to resolve your watering issue, you can water your plants by hand - click here to learn how!
We're here to help!