If you've been directed to replace your Gardyn pump, follow these steps to ensure a successful swap. Note that you should not remove the bamboo top from the Gardyn's lid. This will damage the seal and void the warranty.
To replace a pump on Gardyn 1.0-2.0, keep reading.
Step 1: Prepare Your Gardyn & Gain Access to Your Lid's Underside
Step 2: Replace the Pump
- Disconnect the large black irrigation hose that connects the pump to the blue splitter.
- Next, find and follow the black and red wires to where they go into the lid with a white foam insert beneath them; remove the foam insert.
- Gently pull the red and black wiring out of the plastic housing, being careful not to detach the white connectors while doing so. Slip the foam back into place while the connectors are out. Then, holding the white connector nearest the lid's plastic housing with one hand, use your other hand to disconnect the two white connectors of the pump wiring.
- If, at any point, the connector nearest the lid retracts into the lid's plastic, you can retrieve it using tweezers or small pliers.
- Slide the pump holder off of the original pump and onto the new pump, sure to match the orientation of the original pump.
- Connect the wiring to the new pump, ensuring the wire colors are aligned from black to black, red to red, and then push them together to reconnect.
- Reinsert the two white connectors into the lid housing and replace the foam insert.
- Connect the large black irrigation hose from the new pump to the blue splitter.
Your new pump should now be all set! If for any reason you're still experiencing issues, please see the links below.
Step 3: Reassemble & Restart Your Gardyn
Your new pump should now be ready to help care for your plants! If you're still experiencing pump issues after following all of these steps, please contact us so we can help get your plants the hydration they need as soon as possible.
For the fastest response, please fill out this form so that one of our Support Agents can assist you.
Alternatively, you can contact email@example.com or chat with us in the app or website, though the response may be slower than the form above.
- While you wait to resolve your watering issue, you can water your plants by hand - click here to learn how!
We're here to help!