Follow these steps to help get your Gardyn back online so you can stay connected with your app, and Kelby! If you're having issues at any time, find our troubleshooting tips here.
1. Begin the re-pairing process in your Gardyn app by tapping on the 3-line icon in the upper left corner of your app's home screen. From the menu that appears, tap "My Profile", then the "Reconnect" button at the bottom of the next screen.
2. Make sure your Gardyn is powered on. Allow up to 5 minutes for your device to fully turn on after flipping the power switch.
3. Once your device is on, tap the scenario that matches what you would like to do, either reconnect your Gardyn, or pair a new lid.
4. If you're trying to reconnect your Gardyn and your WiFi credentials haven’t changed, try resetting your router and/or modem first by unplugging them for 1 minute. When your WiFi comes back online, reopen the app and see if your connection is restored.
If your Gardyn does not reconnect after the reset, OR if your WiFi credentials changed, tap the green "Get started" button to try pairing again and continue to the next step.
5. If you need to pair a new lid, ensure you’re logged into the account of the Gardyn whose lid you’re replacing. Then, tap the green "Get started" button to try pairing again and continue to the next step.
6. Follow the prompt to press and hold the silver button on your Gardyn's lid until the lights blink two times. When they do, tap the box to check it off, then tap the green "Pair my Gardyn" button.
7. Read this screen's instructions, then minimize the Gardyn app and navigate to your mobile device's WiFi settings.
Android users can click the green, underlined text of Step 1 on this screen to be taken to their WiFi settings automatically. Alternatively for Android users, and for all Apple users, from your mobile device's home screen go to Settings, then WiFi.
Your mobile device will automatically search for available networks, so you just need to look for the network named "GardynXXXX" within the list of available networks. Tap on it to connect.
If you're prompted with a pop-up similar to the one shown on the instruction screen while you are in your WiFi settings, select "Keep Trying WiFi".
Note that you may see a checkmark next to the Gardyn network's name once you're connected, while also seeing a message such as "unsecured network" or "no internet connection". This is normal, and you can proceed with pairing. If you're having trouble at this stage, check out our troubleshooting tips.
Once you connect to the Gardyn network, return to your Gardyn app and tap the box to check it, confirming you're now connected to a Gardyn network. Then tap the green "Connect to a network" button to continue.
The direction screens for Apple (left) and Android (right) mobile devices
8. If you are presented with this pop-up, select "Allow". This is necessary to complete pairing. If you select "Don't allow", you will have to delete the Gardyn app, reinstall it, and then start this process from the beginning to let the same pop-up reappear so you can select "Allow". Not all users will see this screen.
9. Select the WiFi network from the list of available options, enter the password, then tap the green "Connect" button. Passwords (and network names if you are entering both manually) are case-sensitive!
10. Your Gardyn will take from a few seconds to around 2 minutes to completely reconnect to Internet, and this screen will show your progress.
11. Congrats! You have now connected your Gardyn to WiFi and will be prompted to select a nickname and timezone for your Gardyn. You can change these at any point by returning to your settings in the app.
Type in your chosen nickname, tap the green "Continue" button, then select your timezone. Tap the green "Continue" button again, and pairing is now complete!
12. If you previously redeemed a membership, you will see this final screen, letting you know your membership is now active since your Gardyn is paired. Tap the green "Continue" button to finish.
Having trouble? Find our pairing troubleshooting tips here!
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com, or chat with us. We're here to help!