You may have lost connection with your Gardyn because it powered off, your WiFi network does not have a strong signal or you have changed your WiFi credentials. Here are some steps to help you get back online!
Before getting started, here are a few tips about the silver button:
- Short pressing the silver button will manually turn the lights on and off if you lose connection.
- If you long-press the silver button and the lights blink three times, this action disconnects your Gardyn, erases all stored WiFi credentials, and requires you to repair using the steps below.
Step 1: Reboot your Gardyn Home to reset the connection
- Switch your device OFF using the main switch at the rear of the water tank [Position O] for 10 seconds.
- Switch it back ON [Position I].
- Wait 5 minutes for the system to fully reboot.
- Then, check the app to confirm that you can see the home screen, which means your Gardyn is online. It will appear as displayed below:
Your lights may still be off after successfully completing these steps:
The Gardyn is set up to resume the light schedule during the next time block set in your app. To speed up this process, simply tap on the yellow icon to turn the lights on and then tap it again to put it back in schedule mode.
Does your homepage not look like the picture above?
Not to worry: Step 2 will guide you through the re-pairing process.
Step 2: Check to see if your Gardyn Home can be located by your WiFi network
- Check the WiFi Networks available on your phone. This should be under your Settings > WiFi)
- If a Gardyn network (format: Gardynxxxx) is not available, long press the silver button on the lid of your device until it blinks three times.
- Wait a moment, and the network should appear, ready to pair. If you are able to see a screen similar to the one below, please proceed to Step 3.
- If it does not appear, please try Steps 1 and 2 one more time. Try rebooting your device as listed in Step 1. Wait a full 5 minutes and then long-press the silver button an additional time as described in Step 2.
- If you continue to be unable to get your Gardyn to show in your available networks, feel free to reach out to Support at support@myGardyn.com or through chat during our regular business hours.
Step 3: Prepare your mobile device to re-pair
- It can be helpful to first “forget the network” of your Gardyn Home on your phone or tablet before re-pairing.
- In the WiFi list of your phone, select the information page of your Gardyn network and select the option to forget this network:
- How to forget a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone or iPad
- How to forget a network on Samsung mobile device
- Check that the mobile device you are using to re-pair has the “auto-join” settings temporarily disabled so as to not disrupt the network connection with your Gardyn. This is available in your Settings > WiFi and should be a general or advanced setting.
Step 4: Prepare the Gardyn App to re-pair
- From the mobile device you are using, log out of the Gardyn application and force close. Confirm that it is closed by reviewing all open apps on the device.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to your 2.4 GHz Home WiFi option at this point.
Step 5: Begin the re-pair process in the App
- Go into your Gardyn App and login if needed to re-pair your device.
- Click on the "sandwich icon" in the upper left corner for the drop-down menu.
- On the menu, tap the option “Reconnect My Gardyn”
STEP 6: Go through the re-pair process
- You can refer to our step-by-step pairing guide to guide you through this process.
- Some quick tips for success:
- Make sure to enter the network name and password of your 2.4 GHz network. Please note this is case sensitive, and should be typed in exactly as it is listed on the WiFi list of your mobile device.
- Be sure to input your most up-to-date network name and password if you have changed routers or altered your Home WiFi in any way.
Still unsuccessful with pairing after following these steps? Please send us a screenshot of your joinable WiFi list at email@example.com or chat with us.