If you're experiencing a difference in water flow or possibly no watering at all from your water pump, check out this article for troubleshooting tips.
1. Make a Diagnosis: Manually Turn On the Pump & Observe
- Tap the blue/water tile in your app to manually turn on the pump
- Wait for up to 2 minutes
- Observe and identify your situation with the chart below
Do you hear the pump engaging?
If yes, then
If no, then
Can you feel the pump vibrations on the white plastic pump holder or on the lid itself?
If yes, then
If no, then
2. Troubleshoot your Watering Issue
- Troubleshoot the Pump:
A. Reboot and Re-pair your Device
- Switch off your device using the main switch at the rear of the water tank (position O).
- Switch it back ON (position —).
- Wait 10 minutes before using the app to allow the system to fully reboot.
- Open the Gardyn App and select "Re-pair" from the upper left dropdown menu and follow the steps of the pairing sequence.
- Test again if the pump responds to the blue/water tile being pressed in the app.
If it does not, please refer to the next section Check the Connection of the Pump Under the Lid, and follow the steps to check your pump connections.
B. Check the Connection of the Pump Under the Lid
1. Remove the plug that closes the opening where the pump connector is located (underneath the wooden board). Get the connectors out from the lid.
2. Disconnect the pump:
- Remove the connectors from under the lid.
- Take the end of the connection wires that were behind the plug.
- Place it in the slot.
- Now replace the foam plug.
- This will allow you to disconnect the pump.
3. Take pictures for our Support Team and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- a picture of the connections AND
- a picture of the sticker on the pump (move the pump holder down to get the entire sticker in the photo)
4. Reattach the pump connectors:
- Be sure the wire colors are aligned black to black, red to red.
- Remove the foam plug.
- Then put the white connector back underneath the lid.
- Don't forget to put the foam plug back in.
- Check the Position of the Pump
For new Gardyners who have recently assembled their Gardyn, a common cause of plants not getting watered is that the pump is not in the correct position. Here is a video for reference. You can see what we are referencing specifically at the 25-second mark. Additionally, here are pictures to reference. (Don't forget to remove the foam plug that was holding the pump in place for shipping!)
- Troubleshoot the Irrigation Hoses
If the pump irrigation hose is not fully seated properly onto the pump exhaust nozzle, the pump intake pressure and power will be weak.
For each of the following checkpoints, please take pictures of the hose connections and the hoses underneath the top caps of each column. If you need further assistance to fix the issue, our Support team will be able to advise your unique situation.
A. Check the Irrigation Hose on the Pump Exhaust
Please refer to the pictures below of what the irrigation hose should and should not look like:
B. Check the Three Connections of the Hoses from the Blue Distributor to the Columns, pictured correctly below:
C. Check the Assembly of the Columns
Remove the top cap of the column to verify that the irrigation hose is not pinched.
It should NOT look like the image below. This will restrict the water flow.
When you pull the yPod out, it should NOT look like this (water hose incorrectly installed).
It should look like this:
You can straighten the hose down towards the white tab and gently pull from the bottom as shown below.
D. Check the Connection of the Irrigation Hoses in the Columns to the Tank
Still experiencing watering issues? We are always happy to help! Please send the photos, including a short description of what you are experiencing, to email@example.com or chat with us during business hours.