If you are experiencing difficulties with your Gardyn not powering on, an extended reboot usually will resolve this.
If you have completed the reboot steps listed below and your Gardyn is still experiencing difficulties with powering back on, could you please fill out the form REPORT A PROBLEM? Once you submit the form one of the Support Agents will get back as soon as they can. This is the quickest way to get your issue resolved.
Extended Reboot on your Gardyn
A simple power reboot may resolve what you are experiencing:
- Turn the power switch on the Gardyn to the OFF position (O)
- Wait about 2 hours before turning it back ON (-).
- Wait for an additional 5 minutes to give the Gardyn enough time to power up and reconnect to your WiFi.
- Then, check the app to confirm that you can see the home screen.
5. Your lights may still be off after successfully completing these steps. The Gardyn is set up to resume the light schedule during the next time block set in your app. You can turn them back on by short pressing the silver button on the Gardyn. This puts the light in manual mode.
To engage the lights schedule again, simply tap on the yellow light box in your app.
6. You should now long press the Lights yellow box in your app. If you see the lost connections screen shown below, this indicates that your Gardyn did not successfully connect to your home network. Please follow the steps on the screen to try to repair.
You can skip the last reboot step since you have already done this.
*Please note that you should never need to hold down the silver button unless your network changes or the troubleshooting steps instruct you to do so. By pressing the silver button, you will erase all stored credentials in your Gardyn and you would have to reconnect your Gardyn to WiFi.
Check the Outcome
If you have completed the long reboot and still have difficulties, could you please follow the steps outline below and notate what you observe with each step!
- If previously paired, as outlined in the steps above, check your app to see if you are now reconnected. Did you connect again? If no, proceed to the next steps.
- Locate the black box on the power supply. Is the light a solid green? If not please notate what you observe for support.
- Check your available networks on your phone. If the Gardyn is there, follow the Pairing procedure. If not, move to step 3.
- Short press the silver button. Did the lights turn on?
- Long press the silver button for about 30 seconds or until the lights blink three times. Did the lights blink during this time?
- Check your available networks again. If you see the Gardyn, please proceed with the Reconnect My Gardyn from the hamburger menu in the top left corner.
Are you still experiencing difficulties with powering back on, could you please fill out the form REPORT A PROBLEM? Once you submit the form one of the Support Agents will get back as soon as they can.
Alternatively, you could also reach out to email@example.com or chat with us. We kindly ask you to send us an explanation of what you experienced and the steps that you have already completed.