First, double-check that the connections to the power supply and the connection to the power switch at the back of your Gardyn are snug, then flip the power switch to the [I] position to test turning on the device. Sometimes these unknowingly become unplugged while cleaning around your Gardyn or moving it, so ensuring everything is plugged in is your best first step and may resolve your issue.
If your Gardyn is still not powering on, an extended reboot should help.
Extended Reboot of your Gardyn
- Turn the power switch on the Gardyn to the OFF position (O)
- Wait at least 30 minutes before turning it back ON (-).
- Wait 5 minutes as the Gardyn device powers up and reconnects to your WiFi.
- Then, check the app to confirm you can see the home screen.
- Your lights may still be off after successfully completing these steps. The Gardyn is set up to resume the light schedule during the next time block set in your app. You can turn them back on by tapping the light tile on your Gardyn app home screen.
- If you see the lost connection screen shown below, this indicates that your Gardyn did not successfully connect to your WiFi network. Follow the steps to reconnect your Gardyn to WiFi. You can skip the reboot step since you have already done this.
Check the Outcome
If you've completed the long reboot and your Gardyn is still not functioning properly, follow the steps outlined below and note what you observe with each step.
- If previously paired, as outlined in the steps above, check your app to see if you are now reconnected. Did you connect again? If no, proceed to the next steps.
- Locate the black box on the power supply. Is the light a solid green? If not, please note whether it is lit or blinking.
- Check your available WiFi networks on your mobile device's Settings. Follow the Pairing steps if the Gardyn access point is there (format: GardynXXXX) If not, move to step 3.
- Press down the silver button on the Gardyn's lid for 2-3 seconds and release. Did the lights turn on?
- Press down the silver button on the Gardyn's lid for 30-60 seconds or until the lights blink three times. Did the lights blink during this time?
- Check your available WiFi networks in your mobile device's Settings again. If you see the Gardyn access point there, go to the app menu > My Profile and tap the Reconnect button. Follow the steps to reconnect your Gardyn to WiFi.
If you completed all of the reboot steps listed above and your Gardyn still does not power back on, please complete the form here and a Customer Success Agent will contact you. This ensures the quickest resolution time to keep your Gardyn growing.
Alternatively, you can reach out to email@example.com or chat with us. Please send us an explanation of what you experienced and the steps that you have already completed.
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us. We're here to help!