If your plants have stopped receiving water from your Gardyn's automatic water pump, follow the troubleshooting steps in this article. You should not remove the wood top from your Gardyn's lid. This will damage the seal and void the warranty.
Make A Diagnosis: Manually Turn On The Pump & Observe
- Tap the blue water tile in your app to manually turn on the pump
Note: You may get a pop-up about holding off on hydration. Select "Turn On" to engage the pump. The water tile should update to show Water ON.
- Wait up to a minute to hear the water running through the columns.
Note: The watering works by pumping the water from the tank through the pump hoses connected to the hoses at the bottom of the column. The water flows to the top of the column, trickling down to the tank. You can gently pull out the yPods to check the water flow and ensure that the water is getting to all yPods.
- If you hear the pump engaging or feel its vibrations through the white plastic pump holder or on the lid, but water is not flowing to all the yPods, click here for your next steps.
- If you do not hear or feel the pump engaging, continue to Step 2 below.
Troubleshoot Your Pump Issue
Reboot and Reconnect your Device
- Switch off [O] your device using the main switch at the rear of the water tank.
- Wait a few seconds, then switch it back on [-].
- Wait 5 minutes before using the app to allow the system to fully reboot.
- Open your Gardyn App, tap the person icon in the upper left corner, then "Reconnect" at the bottom of the screen. Follow the onscreen steps of the pairing sequence.
- Once you complete the pairing sequence, test again if the pump responds to you tapping the blue water tile in the app.
- No response? Move the pump up and down 3-4 times using the pump holder. Sometimes, air can get inside the pump if the tank's water level gets too low, and this can help remove the air.
If the pump does not engage after 5 minutes, continue to the next section.
Check the Connection of the Pump Under the Lid
- Begin by disassembling your Gardyn so you can access the underside of your lid:
Specific parts may vary in appearance among Gardyn device generations.
- If you have a Gardyn 1.0 or 2.0, use the photo below to follow the black and red wires to where they go into the lid with a white foam insert beneath them; remove the foam insert.
- If you have a Gardyn 3.0, you can find instructions in the video below to locate these wires (starting around 00:50), but stop before disconnecting the white pieces attached to the black and red wiring!
- On Gardyn 1.0 and 2.0, gently pull the red and black wiring out of the plastic housing, being careful not to detach the white connectors while doing so.
- For all generations, once you have the white connectors in hand, gently tug on the wires from both sides of the white connectors to ensure the connectors are snug when attached.
- Now you will disconnect the white connectors.
- For Gardyn 1.0 and 2.0, begin by slipping the foam back into place while the connectors are out, and then pull the white connectors apart.
- For Gardyn 3.0, press the small clip on the connectors to pull apart.
- While these pieces are accessible, take pictures of the following and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org if you complete all the troubleshooting steps and your watering issue is still not resolved:
- All irrigation hose connections to the blue splitter
- Both sides of each of the white pump connectors while disconnected
- Finally, reattach the pump connectors:
- Ensure the wire colors are aligned black to black, red to red, and then push them together to reconnect.
- For Gardyn 1.0 and 2.0, remove the foam plug, put the white connectors back into the lid, and put back the foam insert.
- For Gardyn 3.0, return the plastic housing with the seal and screw back into place.
If you have completed all of the steps above and your Gardyn's watering issue is not fixed, please fill out this form or reach us by email at email@example.com or by chatting with us on the app/website. Don't forget to send your photos, and please explain what you experiences and the steps you've already completed. Our team will get back to you within 6 business hours.
While you wait to resolve your watering issue, you can follow these steps to water your plants without the automatic pump: Watering your Gardyn by Hand.
Questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us! We're here to help.