If you're experiencing a difference in water flow or possibly no watering from your water pump, check out this article for troubleshooting tips.
If you completed these steps and your Gardyn's watering issue is not fixed, please fill out this form, or email photos to email@example.com. Our Support Team will get back to you within 6 business hours. Filling out the form is the best way to get a quick resolution, as it collects all the relevant information we need to understand precisely what is happening.
PLEASE NOTE: If you purchased your Gardyn after the beginning of September 2021, we recently changed the irrigation connections. Please start troubleshooting from this article: Troubleshoot Watering Issues with the Irrigation Quick Connectors
1. Make A Diagnosis: Manually Turn On The Pump & Observe
- Tap the blue/water tile in your app to manually turn on the pump
- Wait for up to 5 minutes
- If you hear the pump engaging or feel its vibrations through the white plastic pump holder or on the lid itself, click here for your next steps.
- If you do not hear or feel the pump engaging, continue to Step 2 below.
2. Troubleshoot Your Pump Issue
Reboot and Reconnect your Device
- Switch off your device using the main switch at the rear of the water tank (position O).
- Switch it back ON (position —).
- Wait 10 minutes before using the app to allow the system to fully reboot.
- Open the Gardyn App and select "Reconnect My Gardyn" from the upper left dropdown menu and follow the steps of the pairing sequence.
- Test again if the pump responds to the blue/water tile being pressed in the app.
- Move the pump up and down 3 or 4 times with the pump holder. Sometimes air can get inside the pump if the water level gets too low in the tank.
---> If the pump still does not engage after 5 minutes, refer to the next section, Check the Connection of the Pump Under the Lid, and follow the steps to check your pump connections.
Check the Connection of the Pump Under the Lid
For a no-fuss approach to accessing the connections under the lid, follow the step-by-step instructions here. Don’t worry; there is a link at the bottom of the page that will direct you back here!
1. Remove the plug that closes the opening where the pump connector is located (underneath the wooden board). Get the connectors out from the lid.
Gently tug on the wire to get to the area of the connector to check it is properly connected.
2. Disconnect the pump:
- Get the connector out from under the lid (If the connection gets stuck under the lid, please reach out to Support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org; they can help you with the next steps.)
- Take out the end of the connection wires from behind the foam plug.
Sometimes the connection will retract under the lid. You can review the article Replacing your Gardyn Pump for specific guidance on how to retrieve it.
At no point should you remove the bamboo top from the Gardyn lid. This will damage the seal and void the warranty.
- With the connector wires out, replace the foam plug.
- This will allow you to disconnect the pump.
3. Take pictures of the following for our Support team:
- a picture of the connections under the lid
- pictures of both sides of the white pump connections
- a picture of the sticker on the pump (move the pump holder down to get the entire sticker in the photo)
Below are example images that will help Support diagnose your watering difficulties:
Send the photos to email@example.com when you complete all the steps if troubleshooting does not resolve the watering issue.
4. Reattach the pump connectors:
- Ensure the wire colors are aligned black to black, red to red.
- Remove the foam plug.
- Then put the white connector back underneath the lid.
- Don't forget to put the foam plug back in.
If you have completed the steps above and your Gardyn's watering issue is not fixed, please fill out this form, or reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by chatting with us in the app/website. Our Support Team will get back to you within 6 business hours. We kindly ask you to send us an explanation of what you experienced, the steps you've already completed, and your photos.
While you wait to resolve your watering issue, you can follow these steps to water your plants without the automatic pump: Watering your Gardyn by Hand.
Questions? Reach us at email@example.com, or chat with us! We're here to help.